Widowed Married Couples Without Children: Bereaved On or After 6 April 2017

If you were married or in a registered civil partnership and you were bereaved on or after 6 April 2017, you can claim Bereavement Support Payment.

Married couples without children

You can check your eligibility here. 

Claims for Bereavement Support Payment can be made online, over the phone or by post.

To apply online or find details of how to apply by phone or post visit the Government website.

Click here to apply

* If you are in any doubt about the implications claiming Bereavement Support Payment will have on your wider finances, seek independent advice before you put in a claim. WAY is not able to give individual advice. You can find an adviser here.

Read the Campaign FAQs

If you weren't married when you were widowed, please visit our cohabiting couples without children page for more information.