For an annual membership fee of just £25, members have access to:
- social activities in regions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland for adults, children and families
- weekend trips and holidays across the UK and abroad
- a secure, members' only website with forum and chatroom, the ability to contact other members nearby and all over the country, and an events calendar
- a quarterly newsletter and monthly enewsletter
- NEW!! access to a free, confidential 24/7 telephone helpline, offering counselling support, personal legal advice and financial information, as well as health advice across a range of medical and wellbeing issues
- an AGM held in different parts of the country each year
- information about other organisations and counselling groups.
“Finding WAY and being able to talk to other people who really understand what losing a partner is like has been an enormous help to me. In particular,the online chatroom has on many occasions, especially in the evenings, been the only place I could talk about how I was feeling.”
Talking to other members
One of the things WAY’s members appreciate most is being able to talk to others who have been through a similar situation.
WAY’s members only website offers a chatroom for online support and some much-needed laughs when life gets a bit too much - and a lively link to members right across the country.
WAY’s chatroom is particularly lively in the evenings when many members come online to let off steam at the end of a long day.
“Just knowing there are others who really understand how you feel and truly want to know how you are makes getting through the day just a bit easier. Knowing I could log on and sound off without people thinking I was crazy or too dramatic helped and still helps immensely. It feels like a safety net, there if and when you need it.”